Tutorial 8 Quick Checks
Session 8.1 Quick Check
- A data table is a table used to align Web content in columns and rows.
- The title attribute discribes the table's content and displays as a screen tip when the table is hovered over.
- A caption is a brief description of a table and unlike a title, the text appears as part of the table and remains visible in the browser at all times.
- Any element can be placed into a table cell including text, an image, a list or a link.
- The table header cell is used to format the first row, or a column heading of a table and appears centered and in bold font. The table data cell is used for all other cells.
- The colspan attribute is used to merge cells across columns.
- A key cell is the cell where the cells begin to merge.
Session 8.2 Quick Check
- You use a style for the table element to set the table width.
- A percentage value is useful for liquid layouts, and a pixel value is useful for fixed width layouts.
- Row striping alternates the background color of the rows in a table.
- Row striping makes the rows easier to locate and read.
- The column element is used to format one or more columns.
- The span attribute can be used to apply the same class to more than one column.